If you have a crock pot this recipe is for you!
Pulled Pork and Coleslaw
- 3 to 4 pounds pork butt
- 1 onion
- 1 bottle dark beer
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Put all ingredients into crock pot, put crock pot on low setting and let pork cook for 8 to 10 hours. At around 8 hours, drain some of the liquid from the crock pot and begin to pull apart the pork using large forks. Add however much BBQ sauce desired and let pork continue to cook on low setting or on warm setting.
- Shredded cabbage (about 5 to 6 cups or half a head of cabbage)
- Shredded carrots (about 2 to 3 cups or two large carrots)
- Diced red onion (about 2 to 3 cups or 1 onion)
- Sour cream (2 to 3 tablespoons)
- Mayonnaise (2 to 3 tablespoons)
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- Brown mustard (1 to 2 tablespoons)
- Salt and pepper
While the pork is still cooking, combine ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl, you can adjust the amounts for what kind of flavor you want or for how much dressing you want. Mix the cabbage, carrots, and onion with the dressing. Chill coleslaw in refrigerator until ready to serve with the pork.
After the pork has cooked for a few more hours, drain more of the liquid if necessary, add more BBQ sauce if desired, and serve with coleslaw on a bun or a roll. Enjoy!
Follow Greg’s College Kitchen on Instagram @gregscollegekitchen.